Keeping you COVID-safe is our top priority.
The health and safety of our guests is of paramount importance to us. Like all businesses, we have reviewed all aspects of our operations. We’ve adapted to further include a range of new processes from a Disinfecting & Cleaning Schedule to contactless check-in.
The new procedures we have implemented are in line with information provided by Federal and State Government authorities. We will continually evaluate the most up to date information to ensure we are compliant and doing everything we can to keep our visitors safe.
Below we have outlined in detail our new COVID-safe processes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
There has never been a better time to experience our Region. We hope you enjoy everything that Bendigo has to offer.
SUPPLEMENTARY DISINFECTING & CLEANING PROGRAM
The establishment of our Supplementary Disinfecting & Cleaning Program has been developed in junction with information from the following authorities:
Cleaning means to physically remove dirt and grime from surfaces using a detergent and water solution. Disinfecting means using chemicals to kill germs (bacteria and viruses) on surfaces. The Heritage is addressing all your concerns.
As an additional safeguard against community transfer of COVID-19, once the rooms have been vacated, cleaned and disinfected, they will remain vacant for an extra night before the next guests arrive.
After our rigorous regular cleaning program has been completed, frequently touched surfaces are then disinfected. These include, but are not limited to:
- Bench tops
- Doors and handles
- Contact touch-points
- Tables and chairs
- Remote control devices (we even put them in their own safety bag)
- Light switches and power points
- Plug-in equipment – kettles & toasters etc
OTHER COVID-SAFE MEASURES
We can provide you with a contactless check-in if you prefer or if you’re still after a welcome conversation, we will meet you in our reception following all social distancing standards. Hand sanitiser is ready on entry. We will meet you with our masks on, behind the added safety of a sneeze guard. We sanitise our entry doors and contact points after before you arrive and after you leave. Some of our new procedures include but are not limited to:
- Contactless check-in (if requested)
- Contactless check-out – guests can depart without seeing the reception
- 1.5-metre distance from the reception desk
- Hand sanitiser at the office door to be used before entry
- We disinfect the office door, surfaces, and EFTPOS machine regularly
- We disinfect keys after use
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
While restrictions are being lifted, it is not a time to be too complacent so let’s be responsible and stop the spread to keep our communities safe. Here’s a few things you can continue to do:
- Social distancing – help stop the spread of coronavirus by keeping your distance. Remember, don’t shake hands or exchange physical greetings.
- Wherever possible stay 1.5 metres apart from other people.
- Practice good hygiene – wash your hands with warm soapy water for 30 seconds regularly. Cough and sneeze into your arm and if you use a tissue, only use it once then dispose of it. Then rewash your hands.
- Know the signs – if you develop a sore throat, fever, cough, or shortness of breath, get tested!
- Download the COVID-Safe app – this speeds up the process for officials when contacting people exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19).